Things To See And Do
Mill Meadow is in a great, peaceful location at the foot of the Quantocks with miles of footpaths and quiet roads to explore on foot, bike or horseback.
We strongly recommend that you go to www.visitsomerset.co.uk where you will find useful information to help you make the most of your holiday or visit the staff at the TIC in Taunton - the local experts.
In nearby Taunton you will find great shopping and the Somerset County Cricket Ground, several theatres, a multi screen cinema, bowling alley, spas and just out of town a polo ground and several golf courses. There is also a comprehensive year round events programme.
The coast is also close by if you fancy a day at the beach surfing or just enjoying a good book in the sun.
Quantocks Cycling Hub
Please click here for more information on cycling.
Other attractions and activities in the Quantocks include:
- Quntockonline (www.quantockonline.co.uk)
- Discover Moor (www.discovermoor.co.uk)
- Cycling – Six Cycles (www.sixcycles.co.uk) & Reaction Electric (www.reactionelectric.co.uk)
- Coleridge Way - a 36 mile waymarked walk through the stunning Somerset countryside of the Quantock Hills, the Brendon Hills and Exmoor following in the footsteps of the romantic poet Coleridge (www.coleridgeway.co.uk).
- Hestercombe Gardens. Three gardens that have undergone acclaimed restoration works, tea room, gift shop, plant centre, children's playground and Bat Roost with its hi tech viewing room! Dogs welcome on a short lead (www.hestercombe.com).
- The Wood Works partnership offer courses and workshops in Green Wood and Willow Working (www.thewoodworks.org.uk).
- Southwest Falconry is a small private falconry where clients get a one-to-one falconry experience (www.southwestfalconry.co.uk).
- Horse riding in the Quantocks at Manor Farm (www.manorfarmbreaks.co.uk/riding.htm).
- Oatley Vineyard (www.oatleyvineyard.co.uk)